Refreshing Mint Tea: Let's Know More About It!
Peppermint is a herb that is mostly found in Europe and Asia. In the olden days and now also people use mint for medicinal purposes. Peppermint is also used to give flavour to various foods. These days peppermint is used in various products such as toothpaste, snacks, and teas. Many people use to drink peppermint tea to enjoy its taste but people also drink it because of its great health benefits. Peppermint tea can be consumed hot as well as cold. People use to consume hot or cold mint tea according to the weather and their mood. Let know more about mint tea.
Health Benefits of Mint Tea
Mint tea has many health benefits some of its benefits are -
Peppermint tea is liked by many persons as it has a pleasant smell and sweet taste. Peppermint tea helps to fight against bad breath and it helps a person to breathily freshly without any bad odour. Peppermint has antibacterial properties which help to fight bacteria that can cause gum diseases.
Relief from tension and headaches
Peppermint tea helps a person to relieve his tension as well as peppermint tea also helps to alleviate pain. Peppermint tea contains methanol which helps to give a cooling sensation and helps to reduce tension and migraine pain. The aroma of mint tea also helps to fight against pain and headaches.
Reduce nasal congestion
Studies have suggested that peppermint has various antibacterial properties and when its tea is made then its vapours help with a person’s respiratory infection. Peppermint tea contains methanol and vapours of methanol can be very effective for a person if the person is having any cold or flu it will give strength to the person to fight against the cold.
People have many digestion problems and without proper digestion, the day of a person becomes very irritating because of which a person can not perform his work properly. Peppermint is used to treat digestive problems such as upset stomach, bloating, and gas. It has been studied that peppermint tea is also useful in abdominal pain and abdominal disorder.
Peppermint tea helps to alleviate fatigue and helps the body to boost the energy level in one’s body. Peppermint tea provides a cool sensation to the body which helps the body to work with more efficiency and remain refreshing the whole day.
Recipe of Fresh Mint Tea
Fresh mint tea requires only 10 minutes to get prepare. After this, 10 minutes you are going to feel refreshing and will have a cooling sensation.
- Some fresh mint leaves keep in mind they should be plucked from a clean place.
- 2 cups of water or you can add more water it will depend on the taste that how strong you like to drink the tea.
- Honey or any sweetener you like.
- First, you have to carefully separate all the leaves and then you have to keep these separated mint leaves in a medium-sized strainer or you can use any size of strainer according to the number of leaves then put this over a teapot or a glass bowl.
- Now, boil the water at high flame and pour this boiling water over the mint leaves. Make sure that the water covers the leaves that are in the strainer.
- Now, you have to cover the teapot with a plate and then leave the leaves steep for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now you have to gently bruise the peppermint leaves with the help of a wooden spoon so that all oil is released then remove the strainer when you are sure that you have extracted all the liquids from the leaves.
- Now, the tea is ready to be served pour this tea into cups and add some sweetener whichever you like.
Recipe of Fresh Mint Iced Tea
- Some fresh mint leaves
- 7 cups of water
- Half cup sugar
- Half teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, pluck all the leaves carefully from the stem and wash them properly. Now place the bowl that is heat-proof and then you have to pour all the leaves into that bowl. After adding mint leaves into the bowl add boiling water over the leaves. Now, cover the mixture and let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Now strain all the mint leaves and pour the tea into a glass jar. And refrigerate the tea.
- Place the mint leaves which you have strained from the bowl into a saucepan then add some sugar, vanilla extract, and a half cup of water. Bring this mixture to a simmer and steep this for 10 minutes now strain this mixture and discard all the solids now, transfer this to a small jar and refrigerate it.
- Now take the glasses and put some ice into the glasses. Now add tea over this ice and then add 2 to 3 teaspoons of syrup into each glass or according to your liking that how much sweet you like to drink. Enjoy this ice tea with various types of snacks.
Recipe of Moroccan Mint Tea
- 3 cups of water
- 1 spoon of powdered green leaves
- Some fresh peppermint leaves
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- First, gather all the ingredients on a table and wash the mint leaves properly.
- Take a pot and boil some water and boil this water until you can see bubbles start coming over the surface of the water.
- Now, take some hot water into the teapot to clean the teapot completely. And then throw this water away.
- Now add some powdered green leaves into the teapot then add few spoons of hot water into the pot over the leaves, then swirl this teapot and let the tea soak the water then throw the remaining water away.
- Now, add some mint leaves and sugar into the teapot and 3 cups of boiled water into the teapot and keep it untouched and let it steep for 10minutes.
- Stir the tea and it is ready to be served with delicious snacks.
Mint tea is loved by people of all age groups. Mint tea gives a cooling and soothing effect after drinking which makes a person's day more refreshing and this tea gives energy to a man to complete his work with more efficiency. Mint tea is mostly loved as an iced tea and especially in the summer season. Everyone should try this tea if they are fond of iced teas, If you have your favourite mint tea recipe, let us know. We would love to try out your new and refreshing ideas and share them with the world. At TeaSwan, we believe tea should be enjoyed by all and would love to share new ideas for preparing and trying tea.
Leave a comment